12.01.2009

My Hot date with a Crock Pot!

I had just gone to the store, ran errands, picked up a package, come from the court house standing in the longest line known to man for a speeding ticket, unloaded the groceries, put them in the respected place, moved a sleeping child from the car to the bed, fed the dog and looked at the clock realizing I had yet to eat lunch. So I make myself a lunch, take out the trash, throw a load of laundry on... NOW it's 3:00 and I NEED to find something to think about cooking for dinner to be ready by 6:30! What to do, what to do...

AHA! I realize that I bought some pork ribs at the store bc they were on sale for only $2.50! So the Sandra Lee in me thinks what can I throw together in my pantry that will make this a meal for a hungry hubby who hasnt eaten a home cooked meal in two weeks... (since we were out of town for the holiday)
I turn on the Crock Pot and here is what I find, feel free to try it one cold night when you need a no fuss meal, quick and easy... by quick I mean, prep bc it actually takes 3 1/2 hrs to cook in the clow cooker, but SO easy!

Pork Ribs and Roasted Veggies

1 rack of pork ribs (pre seasoned with a rub or you can season on your own)
1 pkg of brown gravy mix ( I used Pioneer Brand Fat Free Brown gravy mix)
1 1/2 cups of water
4 to 5 large new potatoes sliced in wedges
1 cup of mini carrots (whole)
Slt/P - to taste
*any other seasonings you like with your meat, I used lowerys season salt and onion salt and some fresh thyme -to taste

Place carrots and potatoes in bottom of crock pot then top with the ribs, pour gravy mixed with the water over top and cover. Cook on High for 3 1/2 hrs. You will have a full meal with pork falling off the bone! And enough left overs to send your honey to work with a hot lunch :)

Enjoy!

No comments: