2.04.2009

Coupon Mom

So I don't typically watch Oprah, but my babysitter (aka: my mom aka: Kehnley's Fancy) recorded it for me. It was all about saving money and thrifty living which is the tag line for 09 in the Blowey Household.... okay well I did go buy some stuff at Banana.. but I got REALLY good sales. (the shopping press ends there) so yeah... Oprah... saving... okay back on track. Several things were amazing and you should go to www.Oprah.com and click on Tuesday and see for yourself. If you are a spending addict like myself it will help you out SO much! I am learned quickly how merciful God is in letting us learn the lessons now and how much I need His provision in EVERYTHING! So there was this mom on the show who saves TONS of money at the grocery store which for a growing family , hopefully in numbers not laterally.... is one of the biggest expenses. She has saved $ 72,000 in 15 years at the grocery store with just 30 minutes a day and a little bit of organization. She is my hero. Here is her website... www.couponmom.com

It's free and it's going to change my life!! I will let you know how the first trip to the grocery store goes in two weeks on this woman's plan!

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."
1 Timothy 6:17-19

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I just so happened to see Oprah yesterday, also. I saw the beginning and was able to dvr it and watch it last night. After watching it, I spent an hour looking at her stuff and searching local grocers cupons. I, too, am going to make a big effort to save on my next shopping trip!

Mountain Fam said...

I too am making the effort! Blaine and I even decided to make it Frugal February and be really cheesy about our efforts in '09. Love your blog by the way. You guys are amazing.