This blog entry is long over due in that I feel like I haven't talked about the baby that is Sadie in a while! (and it keeps me from eating the rest of my salad from Taco Bell... yeah, i know, why there!? No clue! Anyway, the things we do when kids gotta get home for naps... ok!)
Here goes 13 things that make me lucky to be your mom Sadie bug!
1. You play in your bed EVERY morning, sure you cry for a sec but then play and talk and you have NO idea but I secretly watch you and laugh on the monitor bc your so cute!
2. Your smile with those 6 teethies all beaming make me melt
3. You are not afraid of anything and you go for it...even to the edge of the driveway. ok so that's not my favorite thing right now...but I am sure I will love that later in life :)
4.You are a foodie like your mama and will try anything ONCE, but mostly a second and third time too
5.You used to point at pics of da-da and say his name, but now you are pointing at everything calling it da-da so we are starting to wonder...does she know what da-da is? lol
6. When you say "HI" in your high pitched voice and crunch your fingers to wave, LOVE IT!
7. You started the baby kiss of big mouth to eat you kiss I forgot I loved so much with Kehnley!!
8. Your little body sitting forward in a big girl seat...it's definitely made the car appear smaller and I love looking in my mirror to your sweet face!
9. Watching that sly look come over you when you are about to do something so bad... and then like a Tasmanian devil you run off in freakishly fast speed for a baby and I can barely catch up!
10. Listening to your sweet voice singing songs only the angels know the words to, I could get used to that
11. Watching you slip onto your tummy in the tub and kick your feet like a teenager at the pool, it's a hoot and you think you are so cute with your cheeky grin you give every time you do that, or lay back and let the water get on your hair.
12. When I hold you and you still snuggle your face under my skin and let me give kisses on your head and brush your hair with my hand...I love that clean baby smell!
13. Watching you sit on the couch with your drink and snack by sissy like a big girl, like your friends, like you are growing so fast right before my eyes...slow down baby girl! slow down :)
One awesome thing, one scary thing, one funny thing:
*you started sleeping so good in your bed since we added a fluffy pillow!
*you already tried to run away when Lilly was out doing doggy stuff you cracked the door open and snuck down the drive while mommy was left clueless tending to supper and a lady had to come to the door and tell me that "is this your baby out here, i just saw her walking in the yard"...i cried instantly and thanked God for the lady who strangely enough didn't pick you up and bring you to me but left you clapping happily at your escape by the bushes!
*you like you bounce,with no actual air time mind you, on sissy's bed then fall back like her, except your fall is less graceful more like a plop on the bottom then a lay backwards... then you laugh at yourself! its awesome!! must get that on video!
Sadie i adore you, I am so thankful that you are so perfectly you and unlike anyone else. I want you to know how unique and special you are and how from day one you have been training me in faithfulness. thank you for letting me play with you, hold you, read you stories, turn pages for you and lay on my back with you flying overhead. Thank you for being determined and resilient, headstrong but sweet as can be. God will use those gifts and personalities for Him, I can't wait to see it. In the mean time I pray you get to know the world around you with joy and patience...and please don't snatch from Kehnley anymore and pull her hair, she's really having a hard time with that. I love you so much and I can't wait to see what all you will do in the weeks ahead.
Words & sounds: da-da, hi, rrrrrarrrr, mooooo, quack quack, signing more and finished, uh-oh, tank eww(thank you) and giving kisses and blowing kisses too ---- i forgot that one, my def. fav!
Chicken lover! from keri Blowey on Vimeo.
Untitled from keri Blowey on Vimeo.
Untitled from keri Blowey on Vimeo.
I follow the illustrator of this book on her blog and it just turns out that a good thing JUST got better! I love her ideas for cool pics, art, kids projects. But when i saw that she was one of my fav illustrators and had helped to illustrate THIS book several things began to stir...
1. I wish that I had written and illustrated this book myself :)
2. As an artist who is far too busy with teaching/lesson plans and molding young minds and cleaning dishes I really admire a woman doing all this AND finding time for her passion (which also happens to be her job how awesome is that!) ... I trust Gods season for this time of my life and know there will be a day when I can take on all the things he's given me in my heart and with my hands to do
3. I hope one day to read this to my girls!!
Its amazing how a sweet little petite thing can be such a WILD CHILD!
Sadie you almost got really hurt twice in two weeks and I am amazed at the protective hedge that God has had to put up around you! I pray for it all the time and I now know why I feel so compelled to do so!
You were locked in your high chair and somehow climbed out and over the top edge and stepped down to the chair and sissy's table and were sitting on the floor after mom had to make an emergency drank way too much water run to the bathroom trip!
(ill never do THAT again!)
You were sleeping in your bed so soundly and daddy had come home early from work and sissy was at Fancy's house and i thought this girl is sleeping so good i need to check on her i looked on the monitor and couldn't see you, which happens sometimes when you are standing near the edge by the door, but i didnt see your little legs moving and there as a clock from the night stand in your bed...gotta move that out asap.... THEN i hear a "knock knock heeeaa heaaaa" loud over and over...i thought it was daddy from outside, about to asking him to quiet down, instead i walk to your room to my SURPRISE it was YOU! You had climbed outof your bed, were standing at the door of your room (for who knows how long) and were hitting it to knock and yelling for someone to come get you. In hand you had a top to the Vicks Vapor Rub and some vapor goo on your lip, awesome--you ate vicks?
On Thursday of the week before you were out side with addy and Kehnley and aunt Kandace and me, playing so nicely in your ittle house and running around... we were taking pics for addy's bday invite and you were right by mommy and i put both hands on the camera and tried to fix addy's hat and then heard this woooooshhhhing noise sounded like a plane was flying overhead.... and look up to my shock/horror and you are feet up, smile bigger than Dallas, squealing at the top of your voice flyin down the slide at me! I just by instinct reached my hand out to catch your head in my hand as you flew off the end of the slide or downward slope to death as i call it! I had apparently climbed the ladder all by yourself and slid down in an instant! ( I am so thankful that any of the other things that my mind thought of that could have happened to you....didnt!)
No wonder I am always on the run :) chasin my baby girl!
~You are 14 months today, kind of a random number but age wise it means you are getting close and closer to being more and more (as we can tell from these stories) independent.
~You love to sing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy..." I know you want to sing it when you say "thoy thoy thoy thoy" :) you also love the abc's the itsy bitsy spider, and to be outside... all the time... like all. the. time. I cant let lilly out without you running full force at the door to get out before i close it. you're like a house cat that cant wait to escape :)
~You love to read in the car especially you sit front now like a big girl and jam out.
Something super cute and new you do is to walk around in your toes, its the cutest thing ever and your dancing had reached new levels of dips and bends
~You get swaying side to side and really drop down low and get into the music, anything on the ipod with a good beat, but not limited to that, also the "fridge dj" rickin the beats to "old mcdonald" or "birdy bye bye" lol
~You like putting tops on things and turning lights on and off.
Your fav toy is clearly the slide see story above!
Sissy is really concerned about your safety every time we are around a playground, has started sharing her foods with you (you both started eating eggs for breakfast this month, crazy right?! And she gives you hugs and you really love it...unless she holds to long then you give her the strong arm but its the most wonderful thing i have ever seen, it melts my heart to see you girls sharing and loving on each other!
Even Kehnley (who is clearly going through a growth spurt bc at breakfast she ate yogurt, fruit, milk, eggs, granola bar---and then asked me when snack was!) was playing with blocks and you were coming her way to knock them down your fav thing but drives her crazy and you started to but stopped and just bumped into them with your wobble and she didnt freak out! It was a miracle! She just say "watcha doin gurrlll" and tickled your tummy....I have been praying for exchanges like that for 14 months! :) It was def. awesome and gave me home that ya'll are going to get along JUST fine!
words-- you make the sounds for thank you, you can say Dada, you knock on the door with your hand flat and say hey!, you say hi and bye, wave and blow kisses, you started giving kisses aka: open mouth lean in, you color with chalk and eat it sometimes too, liddy (lilly dog), addy=passie, shake your head and hands for "finished" when your done with being in your high chair (or you just scream...you have always been pretty vocal about food my love...just like your :)mama!)
when you smile, it's with your whole being....I can listen to you make yourself laugh in the car forever! Especially when you are trying to keep sissy from a "frumpy" aka grumpy mood...