4.18.2009

What will we do...

It's so funny how as parents we really DO reflect ourselves on to our children. So many parents talk about it and then apologize for it, but really I mean... they are watching our every move, listening to our every word, and being shaped moment by moment into the people they will become. And because Kehnley sees me painting and making art so much she naturally wants to do it all the time!! I have a friend who's son LOVES to sing and play the guitar... i mean everything he picks up can magically turn into a microphone... well i make since considering the two of them are musicians and vocalists! So spring break, when i had a lot of time o spend with my darling I let her have what she had been asking for "paints... paints!" Who knows if she will be an artist or a lover of math ( heaven forbid!) or a Jamie of all trades... whatever she will BE she already is, it just hasn't been found out yet. On thing I KNOW for sure is that she will be extraordinary in whatever she does.


she would dip her brush in the paint...


then carefully brush the paper...

now she's really getting into it!

Every good artist needs a snack while they work...

this is no starving artist.

We hung the painting up in her room... I will post a pic of that soon. She wakes up in the morning and I hear "wow... oh, wow! on the monitor, I go in and she is pointing at her picture, so proud.

No comments: