7.25.2009

Ever-Present

This past week we went to Port A with the Blowey fam. it was a really relaxing and a great weekend, I was able to run on the beach, laugh and play with Bry and Kehnley, sleep like no other, and enjoy some really intimate time with the Lord. As most times go when you are digging deep in the scriptures and feeling God's presence there is a nagging pull on the heart of every believer depending on the time of life, that is called "distraction". Satan uses it often and in many forms. For me that week it was doubt in the form of making the right decisions about our future. I was running on the beach with Bry when a nagging feeling started to settle in as I thought about the Amex bill I had yet to pay... did I make the right choice to not go back to work, to stay home, to have another baby, to pursue my own design company full time.... I just couldn't shake it and as much as I tried to talk my self into, down and around the choice God so clearly had laid out for us, I knew what I had to do! Go to the word. What I was greeted with was more than comforting, it was convicting. How could I doubt God's presence in my life?

(Let me interject by saying that I KNOW this life is nothing but a flash: unimportant in so many ways, full of useless things meant to keep us entertained for only a short time until we will be united with our Love, Jesus Christ forever... and live in that Holy Kingdom with Him. Our time here in only meant to love God and love others and HOPE to show other's that love of Christ that they may be free from their burdens and know the greatness that is the Lord, having the joy that we are so freely given as children and heirs to God. I constantly struggle with realizing that, yet needing to be living in the world and doing what I am to do day in and day out- making even the mundane hallowed and making the most of every opportunity... I think about it more than I can even express but on some sunny days when the wind is blowing strong and I am listening to my ipod trying to push past another mile, my mind begins to wander and I am glad God meets me there)

Here is what he said to me.

Stop constantly asking God for direction! If He's living in you, He's with you, and He's already guiding you without you needing to ask...Stay in tune with His direction.

"This is what the Lord says- Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.' "
Isaiah 48:17

"By day the Lord directs His love, at night his song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Psalm 42:8

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Thes. 3:5

"I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it's not for me to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

"Direct my footsteps according to your word, let no sin rule over me." Psalm 119:133

"Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in His steps."
1 Pt. 2:21

I share this with everyone only because one day I will need to be remind, I am sure MANY days I will need to be reminded, and also maybe....just maybe... there is someone out there who needs to know this Truth too.

No comments: