4.06.2010

Recipe that shows Mamma knows best:

"Spaghetti " Squash Pie
1 spaghetti squash cooked and cleaned out*
Sauce:
1 can tomato paste
1 cup water
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
salt/ pepper to taste
oregano/parsley/thyme/Rosemary/basil (dry to your liking)
2 small bay leaves
pinch of brown sugar
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 c. chopped onion (optional)
1 lb cooked ground beef
2 cups of cheddar or Italian cheeses (whatever you like)

-bring all sauce ingredients to a boil, let cook 15 minutes
-brown meat and add to sauce... let simmer 20 minutes
*get you spaghetti squash cooking (400 for 45 min) clean out seeds add a pad of butter to the centers of each half and cover with foil... when ready scrape out insides with a fork it will look like noodles
-Pam or butter a glass dish and add your first layer:
spaghetti "noodles"
-then the rest in this order:
meat sauce--cheese--noodles--sauce--top with remaining cheese
-bake at 350 for 30 minutes uncovered
Let your family or yourself enjoy a full bowl of carb free pasta :)
*And yes, Bry actually liked it!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So instead of posting pics (sorry my last blog entry was so sad! lol some ppl told me it brough the tears, I just wanted to have a memory to share with my girls of how much they already tach me...one day I hope they read that and are encouraged!) I decided to work on my long list of photo albums in the making... here is my most recent thanks to shutterfly they come along quickly!

No comments: