4.12.2011

4:8 Mission

Of course this has to follow up a post titled "Boot Scoot and Poopy"...oh the irony! lol
So here's the deal...

I don't want to blog anymore about meaningless things, not that my children and our little life is meaningless, quite the opposite, if you know me you know they are our treasure, our world, our mission field, they are my 24/7 and I take my role in their life more seriously that almost anything else....but remember this....?


"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Phil 4:8

I can't help but desire to filter whatever I spend my time on through this...not just my mind, or my words, but my very essence I want to be characterized by this charge.

So begins the transformation of information. Let's get REAL there are tons of websites, blogs, podcasts and the like about parenting and fun stories and life--and yet there are still those of us staring in the face of the hundredth question from our toddler like "why can't we see God?" going... I wish i could get a a panel of ppl together to talk about this lol.  Most moms in the toddler trenches don't have time to look up a blog, read a book, and google search "explaining the infinite holiness of the creator God to a 3 yr old" goodness- we are lucky to just have everyone dressed all day!

My new form of organization of task and thought (there are many being developed in me as God's way of helping me to resist the born urge I have to live on the fly--free as a bird--letting things happen as they come)--can you guess that I like change and spontaneity?  oh yeah, what was I saying?-OH so yes new forms of organization :) causing me to spend my free time not watching DWTS or Gray's or (fill in the blank) Crashers but instead on planning lessons, gathering resources; for projects, exploration, and enjoyment in teaching my little ppl all about God and how He made them special, especially for a purpose...like most things we think we are doing for the Lord to bless others, it changes us into someone new along the way! 

If you have read the 4:8 Principle (an amazing book on the positive side of thinking & living life) based on the scripture above you would know there is this one part....THE part that I am making my mission, where the author tells his children every night before bed until one amazing night they repeat it back to him almost in a sleepy unison...

"you are a wonderful, beautiful, child of God"

That is my mission, that the little ones of the next generation know this truth without a shadow of a doubt. 

Keep looking for lessons, resources, and (lets be honest) crazy mishaps along the way! (not to mention frequent dance party breaks--every mom needs to work those into the schedule, just to keep her composure--just do it, you'll thank me later!) and please keep in mind my failures: you'll find those here too, because I find that when I crash and burn it, God shows Himself more trustworthy than if I had juggled all the things He throws at me with the greatest of ease.   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
What keeps me passionate about the new ministry God's given me?
IMG_3003

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
2 Corinthians 4:7

No comments: