4.22.2011

This is the day

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24

Joy is a choice.  I heard this today and it was revolutionary to me.  We can have the pain of discipline OR the pain of regret... which one is more beneficial?

"train yourself to be godly.  For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come"  1 Timothy 4:8

If you know me you know that I exercise every morning way before the sun sums up, but what you may not know is that I also hide away in the dark of morning to be alone with Jesus before my "little people" come looking for me.  I need time with Him so that I can do battle with anything that might come along in my day to try and steal my joy.  I train myself for godliness.  I discipline my heart and my mind in order that I might be stronger in the Lord.  Just like exercise does things for the mind and body, so does spiritual exercise and even more for the heart and the soul. 

Joy is a choice.  I can choose to be joyful in life's circumstances, in my troubles, in my doubts, in my needs, in my unknowns, in my waiting, in my hurts, in my blessings, in my missed opportunities, in my lessons, in my prayers, in my mundane chores and tasks. 

There are many things that may seem painful for a time but reap benefits far beyond our wildest dreams.  Joy is a choice.  Joy is a discipline.  Joy is not always easy.  Joy is beneficial.  Joy is ours to have, something ONLY God can give.  (John 15:11 " I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.")

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

What ever day God has made will you choose joy?

No comments: